The Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers UK (apdo-uk) holds its fifth Annual Conference on March 10 and March 11 2015 – and in keeping with our mission to inspire anyone looking for help to clear the clutter and get more organised the conference theme is Vision Inspires Change.
Please note: Day One is open to the public; Day Two is available to members of apdo-uk and our international sister organisations only.
On Day One (Tuesday March 10), anyone considering professional organising as a career can join existing apdo-uk members for a day of professional development in London with industry experts from the United States and the UK.
Numbers are limited, so early booking is essential. Prices including lunch and refreshments are £149 for non-members and £75 early bird (on or before January 31) and £85 after.
Day One will include:
- US organiser and time management expert Rivka Caroline of SoBeOrganized, author of From Frazzled To Focused
- Karen Kingston, from Karen Kingston International Ltd, (UK) author of Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui among other publications
- Technology expert Francesca Geens of Digital Dragonfly on the importance of reliable IT for independent businesses
There is also a choice of workshops on either
- How writing can help promote your business with Rivka Caroline
- Working With Hoarders with Cherry Rudge of Rainbow Red, part of apdo-uk’s hoarding awareness team.
Day Two (Wednesday March 11) is open to apdo-uk members and members of our international sister organisations (i.e. NAPO, AAPO, APOI, NBPO) only.
Day Two will include
- Stateside expert, Anne Blumer from the Institute for Professional Organizers
- Question and answer session with a panel of experienced UK organisers
- Inspiration from business coach Jo James of www.amberlife.com
- Workshops on safety for professional organisers and home staging & interior design
Professional organising as a service industry originally started in the USA around 30 years ago, and there are now well over 5,000 professional organisers around the world.
Ingrid Jansen, apdo-uk’s President said: “After last year’s two-day conference was such a success we are holding a two-day event again especially since we are celebrating apdo-UK’s 10th anniversary.
“Our association has grown in numbers over the past year and our members want to increase their learning about the profession and the conference is the perfect way to do this. Furthermore it is THE opportunity to socialise and network with like-minded individuals while at the same time learn from top professionals from around the globe.
“We are absolutely thrilled to have a stellar line-up with two speakers flying in from the States, two well-known UK speakers and to have so many of our experienced members involved in the talks and workshops.”
For more information about apdo-uk, our conferences and partnership opportunities, or to find a professional organiser, please visit apdo-uk.co.uk
For sponsorship/partnership opportunities, please email email@example.com
For more Conference details and booking information click on the links below:
Conference Day One (open to public)
Conference Day Two (apdo-uk members and sister organisations only)